I’ve had a bit more time to sit down and enjoy things since work ended for the summer so I thought I’d jot down everything that I’ve been loving since the end of May! Most of these have been excellent de-stressers and generally make me feel a bit more human after my first year of teaching preschool.
- Maison Marigela Replica Scented Candle “Beach Walk” – (Sephora $60) I’ll be the first to admit that this purchase was a complete mistake. I bought it around March, originally thinking that I was buying the actual perfume scent, and only realized my mistake after I’d gotten home. Obviously life decided to get super harried at that time, especially involving work, and by the time I knew it, it was May and I hadn’t returned it yet. I figured I’d just cut my losses and burn the candle one evening when stressing about paperwork and … it is just amazing. I immediately felt like I was already on vacation, despite having about two weeks left of paperwork to tackle. In any case, I’ve been burning it this month every so often.. just not too often– the scent might be lovely but I can’t get over the guilt of the price I spent on a damn candle!
- Essie Nail Varnish “Mooning” – (Essie $9) This polish was an impulse buy months ago at Target, but I’ve really gotten into it this month! I hadn’t used this shade yet at all actually, you know how it is: they look gorgeous in store but then at home there’s a weird hesitation to use the polish. Or at least that’s how it is for me. Absolutely love how this color looks though. Nearing the end of the month, I might veer off into the nude nail look that seems to be so popular now. I’ve got myself OPI’s Samoan Sand lined up ready for a try, whenever I can work up the courage to do my nails.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer – (Sephora $28) I’ve never owned a single Urban Decay product and I’m so glad that this was my first purchase from them for myself. It’s great, it’s light, it covers up my extraordinarily large eye bags, and it looks amazing. I got mine in Medium Neutral. I’d recommend it highly if anybody is in the market for a good concealer, absolutely worth the money.
- OLLY Goodbye Stress Dietary Supplement – (Target $14) I LOVE THIS. Honestly, I cannot with certainty say that these gummies were so good at the cause of some weird placebo effect but I honestly don’t care. They taste like berries and lemon and super easy to include into your life. They taste so good you wont forget to take them! They were a god send during the last weeks of work and during the first weeks of June when I had to figure out where to put a years worth of supplies in my tiny room. Yikes.
- Theo Raspberry 70% Dark Chocolate – (Sprouts $4) My nearest Sprouts store is about 20 minutes away from my house and I occasionally drive there just to get this chocolate bar. I love it. Plain and simple. It’s delicious! The bits of raspberry really come through in the flavor and 70% Dark Chocolate makes for a bit of a guilt-less snack when I take a bite of it midday. Also it’s NON-GMO Verified and Fair Trade certified, so what’s not to love.
- Wrinkle In Time Quintet Book Series – (Amazon Kindle $29) At the end of the school year, I felt the need to go back and enjoy something simple and non-stressful. Something nostalgic and beautiful at its core, but something different that I hadn’t seen in a very long time. I ended up rereading A Wrinkle In Time. An excellent book that I’d read as a kid (and that is, apparently, soon to be getting a major motion picture that I am EXTREMELY excited about). I’d never known the book was actually part of a series, so I bit the bullet and bought all five at once. I’ve been powering through them and have nearly reached the end with “A Swiftly Tilting Planet”, which means I’ve only got very little left to go. I highly recommend them if you want to visit a bit of a more nostalgic time. They’re written absolutely beautifully and I fell in love with them all over again!
- mon soleil et mes étoiles: a zine by abbe granbeg – (Tictail €8) Occasionally I like to buy zines and prints from artists that I’ve been following online for a while. This was a rather impulse buy, but the zine itself is Beautiful. It’s got everything from Star Wars fanart to Book of Life fanart. It’s even got the Prologue to Abbe’s new slice-of-life comic Aspera, which I am looking forward to reading as well! The zine itself is printed on very good material and I love it to pieces. Definitely check him out if you’re interested.
That’s all I can think of as of now, I’m sure I’ll kick myself in the head for leaving something out later but oh well. Also this is my first post so future me can look back on what I used to like. If you’re reading this hope you enjoyed!