Summer! Summer’s here! I have my life back. After nine months of being at the beck and call of forty three-year-olds I’m back to being an independent, autonomous human being!
Here’s a list of things that I’m looking forward to this summer. Everything from films and music to trips and escapades.
- Atomic Blonde (JULY 28) – Charlize Theron is a badass with a gun. If that wasn’t enough Sofia Boutella looks amazing as well. I read a synopsis of this film months ago and have been piqued since. An awesome film with a female lead? Sign me up.
- Baby Driver (JUNE 28) – I’ve seen every single thing that Edgar Wright has ever been a part of and I’m not about to stop now. I almost feel as if he’s an old friend for some reason. I would’ve been all in for this film with Edgar’s name attached alone, but the trailer is also incredible and the soundtrack is a banger.
- Dunkirk (JULY 21) – A war film, based on a true story. The story of Dunkirk is fascinating, from what I’ve discovered with minimal research. I saw the trailer while watching another film at the cinema, and it’s so heart-stopping and hair-raising, I know the film is going to be an emotional rollercoaster and I’m looking forward to it. Plus, the exceptional casting, as always with Nolan films, is a plus.
- Spider-Man Homecoming (JULY 7) – This is a bit of a guilty pleasure. I know there’s been more than enough Spider-man films, but as always I’m hooked once more. I’m intrigued by Peter portrayed as much younger than usual. I love Zendaya to pieces. This is definitely my 100% block-buster, enjoy-at-face-value film of the summer. I’m predisposed to love it already, and nobody can tell me otherwise.
- Melodrama // Lorde (JUNE 16) – This is already out, but I haven’t given it a go.
- Everything Now // Arcade Fire (JULY 28) – Great singles so far, one of my fav. bands!
- Lust For Life // Lana Del Rey (JULY 21) – A second-hand love, but a love nonetheless.
- Soft Sounds From Another Planet // Japanese Breakfast (JULY 14)
- Something To Tell You // HAIM (JULY 7) – Another favorite band!
There are way too many things happening in the music world currently, and I’ve felt a bit overwhelmed by it all recently. I might make another post about it soon, but I’ve narrowed my summer list to five albums that I’m really looking forward to listening to.
- San Antonio – Trips to San Antonio are usually not seen as holiday. It’s a short four hour drive from home, and the closest big city to us. But this year our family has planned our first family reunion! There is so much family in San Antonio that I have yet to meet and I’m very excited to meet them all.
- Disney World/Universal Studios – Do I even have to explain my excitement for this trip?! I’ve been a few times before, but it never stops being exciting and alluring as the first time. I’m especially excited to experience the new Pandora area in Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Cancun – This trip came out of nowhere! I decided to piggyback on my friend’s family trip. I was invited, but last minute, three other friends have decided to go as well. I’ve been friends these people since middle school so this should be one hell of a trip and I am so excited to go! Expect a post about each one of this trips, as well as the other, both before and after, with lots of photos!
- I’m starting a journey of heading towards a more healthy life this summer. I’m not being too strict about it, but the goal is more about feeling better than losing weight. I might make a post aboout this later, when I feel more confortable with the whole blogging platform.
That’s all from me for now! Thank you so much for your comments on the last post, I feel like starting this blog, away from the eyes of most of my friends, is the way to stick to my motivation and strive for a more positive way of life. Leave a comment, let’s be friends!