Hello everyone! Bit of a simpler post today, I’m thinking about things I want to do in the next month and a half and thought I’d write down a to-do list of stuff I want to do in the limited time that I don’t have already planned out. I have a few trips planned in the coming weeks, like I mentioned in my Coming Up – Summer 2017 post, so time is already kind of booked up, but I think it’s still good to plan out short/small goals.
Some of these were nabbed off of @theobsessionbegins’s Self Care Mini Challenge (like one or two things) but hopefully I’ll be giving her challenge a proper go in August when there’ll be a bit more time to focus things. July is going to be a whirlwind!
Things To Do In July Before The Texas Heat Kills Me:
- Have a picnic. I recently bought a really neat picnic basket from Target and it has yet to have a proper debut, so I’ll be planning a picnic this summer, hopefully in a massively shady park somewhere… I’m sure there’s one around here.
- Have brunch with friends. Can you believe I’ve never had brunch? Because it’s true, I’ve never had brunch. Not the proper kind with mimosas and guac on toast at least, it’s always been frijoles recalentados in my sweet ol’ Mexican household. I want to actually do this one though, it’s on my Life Bucket List. (If you guys are interested in hearing about that, then let me know I have it written down in a notebook somewhere)
- Try a new restaurant. I’m guilty at always sticking to the same places, my taste buds need a change!
- Have a proper mani/pedi. (Salons scare me, so this will have to require a bit of courage)
- Wear a two-piece in public. Do I even have to explain why this is terrifying? It’ll definitely be a step forward in the self-confidence game, so let’s hope I have the cajones to pull this off.
- Read three books. This is being really light on the load, I want to read more than three but I’ll set the bar low. Slowly but surely getting back to my bookworm roots.
- Meet somebody new. You probably wouldn’t know this, but I’ve had the same friend group since middle school. That’s more than ten years. I honestly don’t know how to even go about making new friends, but I want to give it an good ol’ fashioned try this summer!
- Watch one TV show. I don’t have time for TV during the school year! Or at least I didn’t during my first year, I have a feeling my second might be a bit less chaotic. Either way, it’s high time I catch up with some faves, I’m so behind on everything!
- Send snail mail. I have a few online friends that I’ve been meaning to write to for ages, but lets be honest: internet has made instant gratification so much more appealing. I want to get back to the roots of things, send letters with cute messages and stationary. I have the supplies, just need to get my ass into gear and actually do it. (Sub-section to this would be to mail a friend a mix cd, because how cute is that!)
- Enjoy nature. Texas heat is unforgiving! It’s so bad, it feels like the earth is melting. Nonetheless, I don’t want this to stop me from going outside. I’ve noticed that staying indoors most of the day doesn’t help my mood, so I really want to go on some nature walks and enjoy the fresh air.
- Do something Adventurous. Specifically, I’m thinking of zip-lining or scuba diving in Mexico when I visit later this year, but who knows, I’m not limiting this to only one adventurous experience!
- Take photos of myself. Another one dealing with self-confidence. I hardly take photos of myself, I want to be comfortable doing that this summer. I’m hoping keeping this blog will help with that as well.
- Campfire movie night. I’ve did this once! The photos below are from my instagram, it was so beautiful and such a nice way to spend time with friends at home, I’m itching to do it again!
- Visit the beach with friends. I’m trying to put together a trip to a water park with friends at the beach near the end of July, but we’ll see how it goes. Not really sure if it’ll happen or not, but here’s to hoping!
- Take a pottery class. Another one from my Life Bucket List! I recently found a local place that offers one-off classes and I really want to go, hopefully it can happen at some point!
That’s my list! Have you guys ever done any of these? Please let me know in the comments below, and also let me know any of your own summer bucket list ideas (link me to the post if you’ve made one! I love reading about bucket lists.)
Cheers lovelies, thank you so much for reading, and have a fantastic first of July. xx