I come to you live from my household, one night before our flight to Florida where everything is complete chaos because we’ve all managed to go above our weight limit for baggage. I’m sure we’ll figure it out, eventually. Travel always seems to be a bit stressful the few days before, and my family doesn’t really make it a habit of flying anywhere. I’ve flown a few places alone, but never with my family, so tomorrow is sure to be a hectic and interesting day.
Thought it would be interesting to do a bit of What’s In My Bag before the flight though! These are subject to change considering the chaos that’s going on in the hallway. I might end up having to shove my hair straightener in here as well, but here’s the gist of it:
- The trusty ol’ Jansport backpack, survivor of the highschool days.
- Makeup Bag, with the usual suspects inside. (Going to be trying out BB Creams while I’m out there, but in case I end up hating them, I’ve got my usual foundation in there. Hopefully, I’ll be able to review them soon!)
- Snacks! I’ve opted for some Chocolate Chip cookie bites, Milk Duds, and a small Mio bottle to mix with water that I’ll get before boarding.
- Hydration Essentials. Including: EOS lip balm for chapped lips, St. Ives Skin Renewing Collagen & Elastin Body Lotion poured into a travel sized bottle, & Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask. Flights usually suck moisture out of my skin, so I’m stocking up!
- Spectacles. I talked about these glasses in a Recent Splurges post, and I’m so excited to take them on holiday! Follow me on Snapchat to get Spectacles footage from my trip.
- Laptop. I’ll hopefully be blogging while I’m out in Florida!
- Ipod + Headphones. I try and use this iPod for photos as well to save battery on my phone.
- Extra Headphones. You honestly never know, I can’t take chances with headphones. I’ll be taking my wireless Jaybird x2 headphones as well.
- Moment Lens. I bought this recently and will be using the trip to test drive how much I like it. So far it’s been AMAZING, I can’t wait to make a full post about it. Watch out for it!
- Bullet Journal + pens. This will be used less for planning (as I usually use it) and more to jot down quick thoughts at the end of the day. Some part of me always feels a bit more secure with my bullet journal around for some odd reason, even if I don’t use it.
- Kindle Paperwhite. I’ve been clinging to this for the past two weeks! I’ve finished through and entire series (finally) and have tackled reading The Martian. I haven’t seen the movie for the sake of reading the book first. I’m completely immersed and can’t put it down!
- Anker External Battery, just in case.
- Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel. I’ve got so many of these still lying around from student gifts last year, it’s so awesome. I’m never out of hand sanitizer!
- Contact case (+ contact liquid, not pictured), just in case my eyes dry out so much that I have to take those babies off.
That’s about it! My wallet and phone are obviously included as well, but I tend to carry those in my pockets anyway. The reunion went well, if a bit dull, for those wondering. I managed to twist my ankle playing kickball so most of the evening was spent chilling with my cousins in the shade. Good fun.
Phew, I’ve still got to finish putting together everything for tomorrow, so I’ll finish off here. Are any of you guys taking trips soon? What are you taking with you? I’m a novice at best at flights so it’d be lots of fun to read blog posts on stuff like that, link me in the comments!
Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend!