I’ve sort of been AWOL for a week or so, life decided to throw a curveball of horrible bouts of hay-fever since I’ve been back from Florida. Everyone says it’s been the change of climate, which I can’t understand because Texas is equally as hot and humid. In any case, I’m feeling a whole lot better now and hopefully back on the ball on here. I have so many blogs to catch up on reading!
July has passed by so fast, I feel like it’s only been a week since I did my June favorites post! There’s a few other things I wanted to include in this post but I’m gonna hold off until I use them a bit longer so I can also write a review.
- Adidas Superstars ($80.00, Journeys)
Yeah I know, I know. Everyone and their mother has these. I’m late to the game because I sort of resisted in following the trend. I bought my white Old Skool Vans Leather Zip shoes in an attempt to veer off of the normal path, but those have gone completely rotten after so much wear. I figured I might as well get them considering how much I really wanted them after putting it off for nearly two years. I’m still breaking them in, but I love them so much already!
- Fossil wallet ($30.00, Fossil)
I’ve been looking for that perfect bag, which has proven to be absolutely impossible considering I’m not exactly a bag person. I haven’t been able to find one, but I did find this gem at the Fossil outlet store near me, at an extremely discounted price. Original cost was $75, which was such a bargain. I’ve only ever had Mighty Wallets so this is my first venture into “adult wallets”. I think it’s super pretty and it’s got so much room!
- Apple iPhone 7 Silicone Case, Hot Sand ($35.00, Apple Store)
I got this as a gift from a friend who was donating her old cases, and I love it! I like the texture of the actual case, and considering it’s second hand it’s lasted really well! Again, I’m a bit late on the whole “Millennial Pink” craze, but I feel like it’s a really simple statement trendy case. It isn’t too distracting to have at work and doesn’t look unprofessional at all.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter Highlighter ($41.00, Sephora)
I was a bit nervous with this highlighter because the actual product is pure white, which I somehow wasn’t expecting, but I bought it at the recommendation of a friend, so I took the plunge anyway. I’m really glad I did because I love this highlighter! It takes such a minuscule amount to give a beautiful shimmery effect that I’m sure this will last ages, so it’s definitely worth the price.
- OPI Nail Lacquer, Samoan Sand ($9, Target)
My nail varnish of choice this month! I’ve been loving a bit of a nude nail color lately, which honestly is such a me thing. I think I might venture into something different this week considering I’ll be traveling to tropical locations soon.
- Velour Liquid Lipstick, Gemini ($18.00, JS Cosmetics)
I got this as a Christmas gift a long time ago, but I’ve recently dug it out and been using it a lot lately. I’m not a big fan of buying from this line, just because I’m not such a huge fan of the person behind them, but the lipsticks are incredible, so I do, begrudgingly recommend.
- EOS Shave Cream Pomegranate Raspberry, Travel Size ($2.50, Target)
I have this in full size as well, but I’ve bought the travel sized one to take on my trips this summer because I absolutely love it! My legs feel so much smoother when using it and the smell is so gorgeous. I do love everything raspberry, to be honest.
- Origins Drink-Up Intensive Overnight Mask ($17.00, Sephora)
I mentioned this in my Flight Travel Essentials post a while back, but it’s on this list for another reason completely! This mask saved my nose. Having such intense hay-fever had me rubbing at my nose with napkins all day and within three days my nose was raw and cracked and in so much pain. I chucked a bit of this on the area for about an hour and my nose was quite literally resurrected from the jaws of death, it was so incredible. The mask itself is really good for regular night-time hydration masks but I’m so happy that I tried it on my nose because it worked like a charm.
That’s about it! I opted for keeping it short this time around because something tells me that August is gonna be a massive one. Hope you all have been doing well! I’m going on holiday again in a few days, but I plan on having a few posts going up in my absence just in case I’m not able to get Wifi in another country.
Bunches of love, cant wait to see all your July favorite posts! Please link me in the comments if you’ve put one up recently, I’d love to read them. xx
I’ve had a bit more time to sit down and enjoy things since work ended for the summer so I thought I’d jot down everything that I’ve been loving since the end of May! Most of these have been excellent de-stressers and generally make me feel a bit more human after my first year of teaching preschool.
- Maison Marigela Replica Scented Candle “Beach Walk” – (Sephora $60) I’ll be the first to admit that this purchase was a complete mistake. I bought it around March, originally thinking that I was buying the actual perfume scent, and only realized my mistake after I’d gotten home. Obviously life decided to get super harried at that time, especially involving work, and by the time I knew it, it was May and I hadn’t returned it yet. I figured I’d just cut my losses and burn the candle one evening when stressing about paperwork and … it is just amazing. I immediately felt like I was already on vacation, despite having about two weeks left of paperwork to tackle. In any case, I’ve been burning it this month every so often.. just not too often– the scent might be lovely but I can’t get over the guilt of the price I spent on a damn candle!
- Essie Nail Varnish “Mooning” – (Essie $9) This polish was an impulse buy months ago at Target, but I’ve really gotten into it this month! I hadn’t used this shade yet at all actually, you know how it is: they look gorgeous in store but then at home there’s a weird hesitation to use the polish. Or at least that’s how it is for me. Absolutely love how this color looks though. Nearing the end of the month, I might veer off into the nude nail look that seems to be so popular now. I’ve got myself OPI’s Samoan Sand lined up ready for a try, whenever I can work up the courage to do my nails.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer – (Sephora $28) I’ve never owned a single Urban Decay product and I’m so glad that this was my first purchase from them for myself. It’s great, it’s light, it covers up my extraordinarily large eye bags, and it looks amazing. I got mine in Medium Neutral. I’d recommend it highly if anybody is in the market for a good concealer, absolutely worth the money.
- OLLY Goodbye Stress Dietary Supplement – (Target $14) I LOVE THIS. Honestly, I cannot with certainty say that these gummies were so good at the cause of some weird placebo effect but I honestly don’t care. They taste like berries and lemon and super easy to include into your life. They taste so good you wont forget to take them! They were a god send during the last weeks of work and during the first weeks of June when I had to figure out where to put a years worth of supplies in my tiny room. Yikes.
- Theo Raspberry 70% Dark Chocolate – (Sprouts $4) My nearest Sprouts store is about 20 minutes away from my house and I occasionally drive there just to get this chocolate bar. I love it. Plain and simple. It’s delicious! The bits of raspberry really come through in the flavor and 70% Dark Chocolate makes for a bit of a guilt-less snack when I take a bite of it midday. Also it’s NON-GMO Verified and Fair Trade certified, so what’s not to love.
- Wrinkle In Time Quintet Book Series – (Amazon Kindle $29) At the end of the school year, I felt the need to go back and enjoy something simple and non-stressful. Something nostalgic and beautiful at its core, but something different that I hadn’t seen in a very long time. I ended up rereading A Wrinkle In Time. An excellent book that I’d read as a kid (and that is, apparently, soon to be getting a major motion picture that I am EXTREMELY excited about). I’d never known the book was actually part of a series, so I bit the bullet and bought all five at once. I’ve been powering through them and have nearly reached the end with “A Swiftly Tilting Planet”, which means I’ve only got very little left to go. I highly recommend them if you want to visit a bit of a more nostalgic time. They’re written absolutely beautifully and I fell in love with them all over again!
- mon soleil et mes étoiles: a zine by abbe granbeg – (Tictail €8) Occasionally I like to buy zines and prints from artists that I’ve been following online for a while. This was a rather impulse buy, but the zine itself is Beautiful. It’s got everything from Star Wars fanart to Book of Life fanart. It’s even got the Prologue to Abbe’s new slice-of-life comic Aspera, which I am looking forward to reading as well! The zine itself is printed on very good material and I love it to pieces. Definitely check him out if you’re interested.
That’s all I can think of as of now, I’m sure I’ll kick myself in the head for leaving something out later but oh well. Also this is my first post so future me can look back on what I used to like. If you’re reading this hope you enjoyed!