I’ve sort of been AWOL for a week or so, life decided to throw a curveball of horrible bouts of hay-fever since I’ve been back from Florida. Everyone says it’s been the change of climate, which I can’t understand because Texas is equally as hot and humid. In any case, I’m feeling a whole lot better now and hopefully back on the ball on here. I have so many blogs to catch up on reading!
July has passed by so fast, I feel like it’s only been a week since I did my June favorites post! There’s a few other things I wanted to include in this post but I’m gonna hold off until I use them a bit longer so I can also write a review.
- Adidas Superstars ($80.00, Journeys)
Yeah I know, I know. Everyone and their mother has these. I’m late to the game because I sort of resisted in following the trend. I bought my white Old Skool Vans Leather Zip shoes in an attempt to veer off of the normal path, but those have gone completely rotten after so much wear. I figured I might as well get them considering how much I really wanted them after putting it off for nearly two years. I’m still breaking them in, but I love them so much already!
- Fossil wallet ($30.00, Fossil)
I’ve been looking for that perfect bag, which has proven to be absolutely impossible considering I’m not exactly a bag person. I haven’t been able to find one, but I did find this gem at the Fossil outlet store near me, at an extremely discounted price. Original cost was $75, which was such a bargain. I’ve only ever had Mighty Wallets so this is my first venture into “adult wallets”. I think it’s super pretty and it’s got so much room!
- Apple iPhone 7 Silicone Case, Hot Sand ($35.00, Apple Store)
I got this as a gift from a friend who was donating her old cases, and I love it! I like the texture of the actual case, and considering it’s second hand it’s lasted really well! Again, I’m a bit late on the whole “Millennial Pink” craze, but I feel like it’s a really simple statement trendy case. It isn’t too distracting to have at work and doesn’t look unprofessional at all.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter Highlighter ($41.00, Sephora)
I was a bit nervous with this highlighter because the actual product is pure white, which I somehow wasn’t expecting, but I bought it at the recommendation of a friend, so I took the plunge anyway. I’m really glad I did because I love this highlighter! It takes such a minuscule amount to give a beautiful shimmery effect that I’m sure this will last ages, so it’s definitely worth the price.
- OPI Nail Lacquer, Samoan Sand ($9, Target)
My nail varnish of choice this month! I’ve been loving a bit of a nude nail color lately, which honestly is such a me thing. I think I might venture into something different this week considering I’ll be traveling to tropical locations soon.
- Velour Liquid Lipstick, Gemini ($18.00, JS Cosmetics)
I got this as a Christmas gift a long time ago, but I’ve recently dug it out and been using it a lot lately. I’m not a big fan of buying from this line, just because I’m not such a huge fan of the person behind them, but the lipsticks are incredible, so I do, begrudgingly recommend.
- EOS Shave Cream Pomegranate Raspberry, Travel Size ($2.50, Target)
I have this in full size as well, but I’ve bought the travel sized one to take on my trips this summer because I absolutely love it! My legs feel so much smoother when using it and the smell is so gorgeous. I do love everything raspberry, to be honest.
- Origins Drink-Up Intensive Overnight Mask ($17.00, Sephora)
I mentioned this in my Flight Travel Essentials post a while back, but it’s on this list for another reason completely! This mask saved my nose. Having such intense hay-fever had me rubbing at my nose with napkins all day and within three days my nose was raw and cracked and in so much pain. I chucked a bit of this on the area for about an hour and my nose was quite literally resurrected from the jaws of death, it was so incredible. The mask itself is really good for regular night-time hydration masks but I’m so happy that I tried it on my nose because it worked like a charm.
That’s about it! I opted for keeping it short this time around because something tells me that August is gonna be a massive one. Hope you all have been doing well! I’m going on holiday again in a few days, but I plan on having a few posts going up in my absence just in case I’m not able to get Wifi in another country.
Bunches of love, cant wait to see all your July favorite posts! Please link me in the comments if you’ve put one up recently, I’d love to read them. xx
Summer! Summer’s here! I have my life back. After nine months of being at the beck and call of forty three-year-olds I’m back to being an independent, autonomous human being!
Here’s a list of things that I’m looking forward to this summer. Everything from films and music to trips and escapades.
- Atomic Blonde (JULY 28) – Charlize Theron is a badass with a gun. If that wasn’t enough Sofia Boutella looks amazing as well. I read a synopsis of this film months ago and have been piqued since. An awesome film with a female lead? Sign me up.
- Baby Driver (JUNE 28) – I’ve seen every single thing that Edgar Wright has ever been a part of and I’m not about to stop now. I almost feel as if he’s an old friend for some reason. I would’ve been all in for this film with Edgar’s name attached alone, but the trailer is also incredible and the soundtrack is a banger.
- Dunkirk (JULY 21) – A war film, based on a true story. The story of Dunkirk is fascinating, from what I’ve discovered with minimal research. I saw the trailer while watching another film at the cinema, and it’s so heart-stopping and hair-raising, I know the film is going to be an emotional rollercoaster and I’m looking forward to it. Plus, the exceptional casting, as always with Nolan films, is a plus.
- Spider-Man Homecoming (JULY 7) – This is a bit of a guilty pleasure. I know there’s been more than enough Spider-man films, but as always I’m hooked once more. I’m intrigued by Peter portrayed as much younger than usual. I love Zendaya to pieces. This is definitely my 100% block-buster, enjoy-at-face-value film of the summer. I’m predisposed to love it already, and nobody can tell me otherwise.
- Melodrama // Lorde (JUNE 16) – This is already out, but I haven’t given it a go.
- Everything Now // Arcade Fire (JULY 28) – Great singles so far, one of my fav. bands!
- Lust For Life // Lana Del Rey (JULY 21) – A second-hand love, but a love nonetheless.
- Soft Sounds From Another Planet // Japanese Breakfast (JULY 14)
- Something To Tell You // HAIM (JULY 7) – Another favorite band!
There are way too many things happening in the music world currently, and I’ve felt a bit overwhelmed by it all recently. I might make another post about it soon, but I’ve narrowed my summer list to five albums that I’m really looking forward to listening to.
- San Antonio – Trips to San Antonio are usually not seen as holiday. It’s a short four hour drive from home, and the closest big city to us. But this year our family has planned our first family reunion! There is so much family in San Antonio that I have yet to meet and I’m very excited to meet them all.
- Disney World/Universal Studios – Do I even have to explain my excitement for this trip?! I’ve been a few times before, but it never stops being exciting and alluring as the first time. I’m especially excited to experience the new Pandora area in Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Cancun – This trip came out of nowhere! I decided to piggyback on my friend’s family trip. I was invited, but last minute, three other friends have decided to go as well. I’ve been friends these people since middle school so this should be one hell of a trip and I am so excited to go! Expect a post about each one of this trips, as well as the other, both before and after, with lots of photos!
- I’m starting a journey of heading towards a more healthy life this summer. I’m not being too strict about it, but the goal is more about feeling better than losing weight. I might make a post aboout this later, when I feel more confortable with the whole blogging platform.
That’s all from me for now! Thank you so much for your comments on the last post, I feel like starting this blog, away from the eyes of most of my friends, is the way to stick to my motivation and strive for a more positive way of life. Leave a comment, let’s be friends!
I’ve had a bit more time to sit down and enjoy things since work ended for the summer so I thought I’d jot down everything that I’ve been loving since the end of May! Most of these have been excellent de-stressers and generally make me feel a bit more human after my first year of teaching preschool.
- Maison Marigela Replica Scented Candle “Beach Walk” – (Sephora $60) I’ll be the first to admit that this purchase was a complete mistake. I bought it around March, originally thinking that I was buying the actual perfume scent, and only realized my mistake after I’d gotten home. Obviously life decided to get super harried at that time, especially involving work, and by the time I knew it, it was May and I hadn’t returned it yet. I figured I’d just cut my losses and burn the candle one evening when stressing about paperwork and … it is just amazing. I immediately felt like I was already on vacation, despite having about two weeks left of paperwork to tackle. In any case, I’ve been burning it this month every so often.. just not too often– the scent might be lovely but I can’t get over the guilt of the price I spent on a damn candle!
- Essie Nail Varnish “Mooning” – (Essie $9) This polish was an impulse buy months ago at Target, but I’ve really gotten into it this month! I hadn’t used this shade yet at all actually, you know how it is: they look gorgeous in store but then at home there’s a weird hesitation to use the polish. Or at least that’s how it is for me. Absolutely love how this color looks though. Nearing the end of the month, I might veer off into the nude nail look that seems to be so popular now. I’ve got myself OPI’s Samoan Sand lined up ready for a try, whenever I can work up the courage to do my nails.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer – (Sephora $28) I’ve never owned a single Urban Decay product and I’m so glad that this was my first purchase from them for myself. It’s great, it’s light, it covers up my extraordinarily large eye bags, and it looks amazing. I got mine in Medium Neutral. I’d recommend it highly if anybody is in the market for a good concealer, absolutely worth the money.
- OLLY Goodbye Stress Dietary Supplement – (Target $14) I LOVE THIS. Honestly, I cannot with certainty say that these gummies were so good at the cause of some weird placebo effect but I honestly don’t care. They taste like berries and lemon and super easy to include into your life. They taste so good you wont forget to take them! They were a god send during the last weeks of work and during the first weeks of June when I had to figure out where to put a years worth of supplies in my tiny room. Yikes.
- Theo Raspberry 70% Dark Chocolate – (Sprouts $4) My nearest Sprouts store is about 20 minutes away from my house and I occasionally drive there just to get this chocolate bar. I love it. Plain and simple. It’s delicious! The bits of raspberry really come through in the flavor and 70% Dark Chocolate makes for a bit of a guilt-less snack when I take a bite of it midday. Also it’s NON-GMO Verified and Fair Trade certified, so what’s not to love.
- Wrinkle In Time Quintet Book Series – (Amazon Kindle $29) At the end of the school year, I felt the need to go back and enjoy something simple and non-stressful. Something nostalgic and beautiful at its core, but something different that I hadn’t seen in a very long time. I ended up rereading A Wrinkle In Time. An excellent book that I’d read as a kid (and that is, apparently, soon to be getting a major motion picture that I am EXTREMELY excited about). I’d never known the book was actually part of a series, so I bit the bullet and bought all five at once. I’ve been powering through them and have nearly reached the end with “A Swiftly Tilting Planet”, which means I’ve only got very little left to go. I highly recommend them if you want to visit a bit of a more nostalgic time. They’re written absolutely beautifully and I fell in love with them all over again!
- mon soleil et mes étoiles: a zine by abbe granbeg – (Tictail €8) Occasionally I like to buy zines and prints from artists that I’ve been following online for a while. This was a rather impulse buy, but the zine itself is Beautiful. It’s got everything from Star Wars fanart to Book of Life fanart. It’s even got the Prologue to Abbe’s new slice-of-life comic Aspera, which I am looking forward to reading as well! The zine itself is printed on very good material and I love it to pieces. Definitely check him out if you’re interested.
That’s all I can think of as of now, I’m sure I’ll kick myself in the head for leaving something out later but oh well. Also this is my first post so future me can look back on what I used to like. If you’re reading this hope you enjoyed!